New Stream tailor maintenance support packages to meet the specific needs of power generation sites. Services include 24/7 technical support, fault reporting and same day response.
New Stream’s experienced mechanical engineers support the mechanical elements of your plant.
Our electrical engineers specialise in the electrical elements of distributed generation projects. This team is integral to New Stream’s engineering capabilities. Experience of UK electrical standards and requirements (in addition to some international experience).
Our Core Technical Services:
- Site Commissioning – all installation and commissioning works for generators are carried out by our own skilled engineering team. As a result New Stream will manage the entire process including an initial site assessment, design configuration and testing. Specifically, within the team we have high voltage commissioning engineers up to 132KV, site SAPS up to 132KV, PLC commissioning controls engineers, Network Engineers, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers. All of whom have worked as a team on multiple “Capacity Market Projects” within the UK.
- Site Surveys and Reporting – including due diligence work and feasibility studies.
- G59/3_3 testing and G59 pre-commissioning with DNO (Distribution Network Operator) presence for G59 relay and system approval across the whole of the UK.
- Frequency Response Testing (FFR) to National Grid requirements.
- New Stream can provide harmonic analysis through monitoring and G5/4 measurement for existing systems and to prove the validity of G5/4 predictions given from protection studies.
- Existing Load Measurement where we measure maximum and minimum loads for sites over any period of time to help determine the impact and viability of introducing embedded generation.
- Review – critical to scoping out the exact requirements of any project.
- Site Survey – full technical site surveys are carried out by New Stream and its industry partners.
- Plan – bespoke design plans, technical drawings and scheduling programmes are brought together, finalised and agreed by all parties before any works take place.
- Delivery – manage every step of the project from initial technical development, testing and delivery through to commissioning and installation.
Project Design and CAD
New Stream CAD team provides accurate scale drawings, diagrams and process & instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) to support client development and engineering teams.
Our design work is typically conducted in three dimensions and utilises a number of tools including Autocad Plant, Autocad P&ID and Autodesk Navisworks.
- Single point of contact from site survey to commissioning.
- Dedicated New Stream project manager assigned to your project.
- Supports provision of a turn-key installation