UK PPA and Green Gas Market Fundamentals:
- U.K. Business Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng warned the next few days would
“be very challenging as the energy crisis deepens”. deepens”.
- European gas futures continue to push all-time highs.
- Day ahead NBP gas is trading higher than yesterday this morning, up at 186 p/th.
- The front-month NBP October gas contract is trading up at 185 p/th.
- D-1 Power was still well bid on low wind and margins.
- IFA-1 U.K.-France interconnector will resume operations on Oct. 23, which is a month later than previously thought. A total capacity of 2,000 megawatts is not expected until late March next year.
- EU ETS carbon grew €1.01/t to €60.40/t and UK ETS gained £0.35/t to £56.00/t.
- The recent rebound in carbon pricing was supported by the ongoing gas sparsity and is expected to continue its rise.