“Whilst we fully acknowledge the continued bullish backdrop to the UK energy complex, and are certainly nottrying to call the top of the market, New Stream would expect to see the pace of gains challenged in the near term.”
Jamie Banks, PPA Manager at New Stream
• European gas and carbon prices remain strong and are key drivers of UK power / PPAs.
• EUA prices jumped up again on Friday, trading up to intraday highs of €56.90.
• Gas storage injection profiles will be closely monitored as we move through summer.
• Inflation risk Intensifies across the broader commodity space with supply shortages multiplying.
• Macro-economics and broader energy markets are still in focus.